Facts Everyone Should Know About Heart Attacks
Who is at the risk of getting heart attack?
Below are important facts to know who is at the risk of getting heart attack.
- Men who are 50 years and above with a cholesterol level over 295mg% area ten times more likely to develop heart attacks than men with the same age under 200mg%. A twenty percent decrease in cholesterol level decreases the chances of getting heart attack by 50 percent
- By age 60 smokers are 10 times more likely to get heart attacks
- People with high blood pressure are three times likely to get the attacks compared to people with normal blood pressure
- After 60 years obese people are five times more likely to die from heart diseases than people with normal weight
- Gender, genes and age are the lowest causing factors for heart diseases
The food we eat can cause heart attack depending on the amount of sugar, fats and cholesterol level contained in it. Majority of human beings are born clean and healthy. The important arteries are usually flexible but with time people tend to narrow and harden a condition known as atherosclerosis.
Signs of atherosclerosis/heart attack
Detecting atherosclerosis/heart attack can be very difficult or impossible until it is too late. By the time one is experiences pain such as heart pain it means the arteries have seriously narrowed and in such cases heart attack can occur anytime.
Chances of getting heart attack can be reduced if the factors advancing to an attack can be detected before it is too late. For people with very high level of cholesterol medication can be given. The medication may be improve the condition but frequent check-ups will be required.
There are also surgical procedures such as bypass operation- In this procedure the surgeon accesses a blood vessel from a patient’s arm, leg or the chest. The surgeon uses this vessel to bypass
Even with the available medication and medication to treat heart attacks the best way to deal with heart attack is to avoid by radical lifestyle change
It is always advisable to prevent other than to repair or be sorry. It is never too late to make lifestyle changes. These changes can lead to assist I cleaning out arteries, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels. For the people who have developed risk factors of getting heart attack, there are measures which can be taken to reduce heart diseases. This includes:-
- Take foods that are very low in fats and cholesterol.
- Add whole grained foods
- Reduce salt intake
- Have a routine exercise program
- Quit smoking
Heart attack is one of the leading causes of death in major parts of the world. Too much fat is known for causing heart attack. To have less fat in our diet one can follow the following strategies
- Way to reduce the level of fat in your diet.
- Prepare homemade meals- When food is prepared at home one has control of the amount of fat to use.
- Look for healthy substitutes- Instead of whole milk choose skimmed milk; replace the sugary desserts with healthy fruits.
- Reduce consumption of processed foods- Processed foods usually contain added fats and sugars.
- Reduce intake of red meat and high fat dairy productsThere are many facts about heart attacks that have been presented by many researchers. The important thing is take all the necessary measures before it is too late. Several heart screen tests have been developed to help identify any risk factors. As one age progresses it is good to have these screens.